Walk in the Woods Walk in the Woods

The RHINO

10/10 just because of the Rhino.

Bubble Tanks TD Bubble Tanks TD

Splitter

I just had a splitter spawn three little spawns through a wall of tower (diagonally).

Bleh.

HeroInteractive responds:

That's what they do. Deal with it. :)

Alter Alter

Good and bad

Good:
1: The art was awesome. The planets were great- I'm talking the far out shot showing exactly what happened.
2: The music was great
3: Loved most of the humor

Bad:
1: Very linear. Could have been more open-ended towards how you solved some things
2: Controls didn't feel responsive.
3: Does every ending end with Quark flinging out into space?

Dragon Boy Dragon Boy

Wow. Disappointment.

So this game is seriously flawed. Sure, it plays, the game works, but it -really- punishes the players. See, I just spent 15 minutes beating the first boss because the main hero's crappy HP (which doesn't improve as others have pointed out) meant I could only survive two or three hits before I had to run like a little girl and hide behind a rock because the enemies have shitty enough pathfinding to not be able to run around the rocks I'm hiding behind to allow my all too slow regeneration to allow me to survive the next two to three hits.

Oh, he also only dropped one gold. THAT'S GREAT REWARD FOR WHAT SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF AGGRAVATION.

See, games are a system of reward for work, and this game fails at it. Pitiful gold drops, a lack of character growth, and the lack of good item drops from bosses which are a pain in the ass really doesn't encourage longer playing.

Also, why is it when I have the sound turned off, the portal still makes a noise upon activation?

RPGs are rewarding to players because they get to see growth and TANGIBLE reward. People play Disgea for the pleasure of being able to deal a metric crapton of damage with a single character through power leveling and powerful items. This game stunts growth so badly, I don't find myself wanting to play past the second area of the game. Disappointing.

There's some debate, but overall people find this review helpful

FS: Shift FS: Shift

This would make good background music.

Mostly because it wouldn't distract terribly from the game or video that it was taking the background to.

FairSquare responds:

Maybe you're right.
Thanks for reviewing :)

My Quiet Place (Updated) My Quiet Place (Updated)

Trippy

The piece establishes a groove and lives there, throwing out glitches like Windows ME. For a "quiet place" it's certainly noisy.

The kick- It works in places, and in others, doesn't. At its best, it's driving, at the worst, repetitive. In particular, the kicks during the intro seem the weakest, where it seems you were much more focused on the moving parts. The kicks work better during the high-energy moments. (The build to and the part at 1:30 are good examples of it working.)

Glad to see you doing music again Gravey.

Gravey responds:

I would say I agree with everything you've said here. Thanks again friend.

-Gravey-

B7 - Frosted Underwear B7 - Frosted Underwear

Your complexity is improving

I have Melodica, Ominous Intrigue, and both versions of Into The Unknown kicking around my iPod. Hopefully that gives me some perspective on how your musical composition skills have improved.

Your melodies are strong. Always have been. They groove, the move, they make me want to dance.

Now, where I see the most difference is in the musical elements weaving in and around the melody, supporting and countering, which is fucking kickass.

I'll admit, the opening is a little long for my normal tastes. Listener loyalty convinced me to stick with this song though.

I'm checking out Ice Aliens now.

Burn7 responds:

Heh... Thanks dude.

It's cool to see people that have heard my older pieces come back and check out my newer stuff. I try to learn from my past mistakes and take in everything I can when it comes to writing music. So I'm always trying to improve, and hearing someone say that I actually have is quite nice.

Yeah, the opening was extended a fucking TON to increase buildup and tension within the game it was written for.

Thanks for coming back and checking my stuff, man! <3 :D